Love

THE WALDRON-WILLIAMS FUND

Help For Those In Need

The Waldron-Williams Fund is a charitable organization formed in 2021

by the merger of two much older charitable funds established by generous

Borough residents. The two original funds are the Waldron Fund, established in

1837 by a bequest from Jonathan C. Waldron, and the William Williams Fund,

established in 1921, by a bequest from Mr. Williams. Both funds had the explicit

purpose of providing assistance to Borough residents who needed help paying for

food, fuel, and clothing (raiment in the original text of Mr. Waldron’s bequest). In

order to make the operation of the funds more effective and efficient, the

trustees of the two funds jointly sought and were granted permission by the

Court of Probate to merge them into a single charitable organization that would

continue to carry out the spirit of the founders’ intent. The current board of the

combined fund is Caroline Muller, President; Michael Schefers, Treasurer; and

Jeffrey Callahan, Secretary. Application forms may be found here.

Assistance may also be found at Stonington Human Services - 860-535-5015

and/or the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center - 860-599-3285